Special needs? Perhaps, but we prefer to think of them as children with Special Intentions!
Learn how to reach the hearts and minds of these children with our creativity, intuition, and excellent therapeutic tools. In the process, we’ll learn what these very special children have to teach us.
THIS COURSE TEACHES the participant how to effectively integrate yoga into their therapeutic treatment of children with learning and developmental challenges such as ADD/ADHD, Autism, Sensory Processing Disorders, etc. Social-emotional, physiological, cognitive and sensory-motor benefits will be described. Through lecture, videotape and experiential labs, participants will learn how to apply:
BREATH to enhance self-regulation, modulation and organization as well as supporting respiration for language
MOVEMENT to improve motor planning, balance, coordination, strength and flexibility
MEDITATION / RELAXATION to decrease stress and promote stillness of the mind for increased attention and ability to focus
- Discover how to use yoga-based activities to support and enhance the effectiveness of your treatment for children with special needs
- Understand how yoga strengthens the brain-body connection and enhances learning for all children
- Create fun and innovative yoga lessons that address therapeutic goals for physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech/language therapy
- Examine therapeutic variations for specific disorders and learning challenges
- Demonstrate breathing techniques, yoga poses and meditations for facilitating relaxation, self regulation, attention and ability to focus
This course is taught by Shakta Kaur, founder of Radiant Child Yoga, and Allison Morgan.
18 class hours, 2 hours at home journaling Includes morning Sadhana practice of Kundalini Yoga and Meditation. No pre-requisite. Counts as 20 hour module for Radiant Child 200 and 95 hour certification. Counts as 20 Continuing Ed credits with Yoga Alliance.
Radiant Child Yoga 1-3 and Yoga for Children with ADHD, Autism, and Those Who Are Differently-Abled may be approved for professional CEUs. Please check with your professional organization.
For upcoming dates for this course, visit the schedule
This will take you to the Radiant Child Yoga website