Teaching children how to connect to their breath, body and emotion, cultivates and nurtures their own inner strength, guidance and perfection. This workshop teaches you how to invite and engage children into this exploration through the introduction of contemplative practices such as yoga, Qi gong and mindfulness. You will learn how to create an environment that encourages children of all abilities to work from their personal strengths rather than focusing on their limitations.
Learn to integrate these practice into your “traditional” work with children with a variety of diagnoses such as ADHD, Autistic Spectrum, PDD, Sensory Processing Disorders, Anxiety and Stress Related Disorders, Learning Disabilities, Cerebral Palsy, Downs Syndrome and Developmental Delays.
Develop peace from the inside out.
Would you like to empower children to develop independent tools to organize their nervous system?
Strategies will include techniques to:
- Manage sensory needs quickly and effectively
- Reduce anxiety and stress (yours and theirs)
- Release defense mode patterning
- Integrate primitive reflexes to improve overall function
Would you like to learn more effective techniques to support inclusion for ALL children?
Learn creative ways to:
- Support effective and authentic inclusion in classrooms, therapy and home environments
- Lead peaceful group experiences which meet each student where they are and align with individual therapy/classroom goals
- Provide opportunities for easeful social interaction and communication between peers, family members, and therapists
Is behavior still getting in the way of learning?
(even though you have tried different strategies and techniques)
Guide yourself and the children in your care to:
- Improve emotional awareness to facilitate “letting it go”
- Empower the recognition of triggers and use of yoga tools to develop self-regulation skills
- Understand the communicative components of all behavior
- Develop responsibility for behaviors and actions
Who should attend:
Special Educators, Inclusive Educators, Behavioral Therapists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, Speech/Language Pathologists, Social Workers, Guidance Counselors, Yoga teachers, Parents, and Caregivers
What participants have said:
“Allison is a gifted person and teacher. She is well organized, thoughtful and a real expert in her field of OT and yoga. ”
“Taking this course was an incredibly wonderful and motivating experience. Allison combines yoga and therapy with engagement of real-life experiences for our special children. Many, Many thanks!”
June 2, 3 , 4, 2017 – Karma Kids Yoga Studio, 25 West 23rd Street NY, NY
Friday 9am – 4pm
$525 until 4/7/17, $595 thereafter