- This event has passed.
Honoring The Special Needs Child
November 9, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - November 11, 2018 @ 5:00 pm$599 – $675
Creating peace from the inside, out.
Do you work with children with autism, ADHD, sensory processing disorders, behavioral challenges, and other developmental diagnoses? Yoga, mindfulness, qi gong, tapping and other holistic modalities are gaining recognition for their healing, nurturing and therapeutic qualities. Developed with over 30 years of experience working with youth who posses a diverse range of abilities, gifts and challenges, our teacher training provides you with tools to improve overall function, enhancing your traditional work. New insights and inspiration will open you to a new perspective of being with these special children which aids in developing a connection and mutual understanding. We will share the evidence based principles of these modalities so that your clinical and analytical mind can rationalize the value. We will also guide you in your own exploration of these practices along with journaling and discussion so that you may experience how these tools align the brain and body for learning and living. Whether you are a parent, caregiver, educator, therapist, allied or mental health professional, you will gain instantly useable tools to share with the children in your life.
Would you like to empower children to develop independent tools to organize their nervous system?
Strategies will include techniques to:
- Manage sensory needs quickly and effectively
- Reduce anxiety and stress (yours and theirs)
- Release defense mode patterning
- Integrate primitive reflexes
Would you like to learn more effective techniques to support inclusion for ALL children?
Learn creative ways to:
- Discover an authentic model of inclusion for classrooms, therapy and family connection
- Lead peaceful group experiences which meet each individual where they are and align with individual therapy goals
- Provide opportunities for easeful social interaction and communication between peers, family members, and therapists
Is behavior still getting in the way of learning? (even though you have tried different strategies and techniques)
Guide yourself and the children in your care to:
- Improve emotional awareness to facilitate “letting it go”
- Empower the recognition of triggers and use of contemplative practices to develop self-regulation skills
- Understand the communicative components of all behavior
- Develop responsibility for behaviors and actions
The hours for this training are:
11/9/18: 12-5 pm
11/10/18: 1-6 pm
11/11/18: 12-5 pm