Yoga and Mindfulness for Children: Improving educational and therapeutic outcomes with greater joy and ease for you and your students
September 26 @ 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
Are you noticing an overwhelming increase of stress/anxiety related disorders and trauma among your students? Do your students exhibit poor coping skills and inattention? Are states of dys-regulation undermining your teaching and therapeutic treatment?
Are you ready for a new approach to help your students gain inner resilience skills to help them thrive, rather than simply survive? Would you like to learn simple techniques to improve attention and develop emotional regulation while decreasing levels of stress and anxiety?
Current research is documenting significant positive effects in children’s physical, neurological, educational and emotional development through the practice of yoga and mindfulness. These contemplative practices are gaining recognition due to their adaptability and effectiveness for children with a variety of diagnoses such as Autism, ADHD, SPD, Language Based Learning Disorders, stress/anxiety and Developmental Delays. These practices also support mental health wellness and social and emotional learning competencies.
Are you ready for something new? Are you tired of trying the same approaches to managing behavior? Handle overwhelm and anxiety? In this “hands-on,” fun and interactive workshop, you will discover self-empowering, inclusive practices, which cultivate the skills your students need to succeed. No experience is necessary.
What’s more, you will discover how these practices can help you. Yes, you as the caregiver, teacher, therapist, etc. will learn tools that can help you manage stress in and out of the classroom. When we feel stuck in our thinking , overwhelmed and emotionally blocked, it impedes our effectiveness, our joy and productivity in all aspects of life.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES :
- Recognize how to use yoga-based activities to support and enhance the effectiveness of your teaching for all children and treatment for your special needs students
- Understand the current research supporting yoga and mindfulness for youth in schools and therapy.
- Explain how the integration of breath, movement and mindfulness assists in managing behaviors, improving self-awareness, and facilitating physical, cognitive and emotional development
- Implement yoga and mindfulness techniques for all students that address your space limitations, time constraints and overall goals
- Discover tools to use for your own self-care and stress management
REGISTRATION OPEN JULY 1, 2018
REGISTER @ www.eisencoop.org go to”workshops”