- This event has passed.
Young Explorers: Yoga and Mindfulness for Pre-School
May 9 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm$199 – $219
Yoga and Mindfulness for Early Childhood
The Zensational Kids approach to pre-school yoga and mindfulness keeps developmental milestones at its forefront, promoting growth of the ‘whole’ child. Implementing yoga and mindfulness into your classroom routines, supports children with diverse needs while facilitating the development of social and emotional learning skills. Imagine teaching young children how to use their breath to calm, use yoga poses to organize their body and build self awareness, use mindfulness to develop the skill of focus, with compassion, empathy and kindness towards themselves and others.
No yoga experience is necessary. Learn how you can begin implementing evidence-based, practical and fun techniques into your classes immediately.
Your educators will learn how to:
- Introduce breath, movement and mindfulness in a fun, playful, interactive and engaging way
- Infuse yoga and mindfulness into literature, music, circle time, centers and cooperative games
- Teach kindness, empathy, focused attention and self-regulation strategies
- Facilitate behavioral and emotional regulation
- Support social and emotional learning
- Enrich teacher/student and student/student communication while facilitating classroom management
- Learn how to use these tools to manage your own stress throughout the day