There has never been a more turbulent time in the world of education. According to the CDC, 1-in-5 youth meet criteria for a lifetime mental disorder. Schools are not set up to handle this growing trend. For most schools, the guidance counselor and nurse are the first and only resources schools have for helping students who are struggling emotionally. There are not enough human resources or money to mitigate the growing prevalence of behavioral, emotional and developmental needs in every classroom.
Mindfulness in the classroom can help.
Zensational Kids helps schools integrate mindful breath and movement practices, to assist administrators, educators, and students in developing states of well-being and their capacity to:
- Manage emotions
- Direct attention with purpose
- Teach and lead with compassion
- Connect to others through kindness
- Cultivate positive mindsets
- Develop social and emotional competencies
- Learn with greater ease
Through our implementation model we help you and your faculty:
- Understand the research behind the practices and the relationship to learning and behavior
- Utilize and share proven and practical tools of breath, movement and mindfulness
- Easily integrate the practices into the (already packed) school day while creating more learning time by facilitating optimal learning states
- Sustain a culture of educating and learning mindfully, with greater presence and awareness